“The Midwest Startup Formula Will Change the Status Quo of Building Businesses.” —TechCrunch
The lights are up on Columbus as a startup city to watch. We are more connected and collaborative than ever before, creating dozens of new Columbus-based technology companies with products and services that customers want to buy.
Rev1 is a hub and a catalyst for that activity. Our venture services, community connections, and continuum of funding are changing the equation for startup success in this region. We call it the Backyard Effect.
Our can-do spirit of cooperation opens doors for entrepreneurs, making it easier to connect with advisors, to gain discounted services from professional providers, and to close contracts and earn revenue from local corporate customers.
We are confident of our impact because we measure everything we do:
- The capital we attract and the deals we close.
- The number of jobs we help create and the average pay.
- The revenue driven by the customer leads we produce.
- Advisor hours and discounted services from professional services providers.
- The spinouts from our Innovation Partnerships.
- The energy of #StartupCBUS.
Our goal is to build to $2 billion in economic impact for Central Ohio by 2019. We are well on our way.