Funding companies at every stage.
The Midwest isn’t flyover country any more. More startup funding than ever before fuels startup activity in the Columbus region.
Rev1 Ventures offers a continuum of capital to provide startup funding to Central Ohio entrepreneurs at every stage.
We are deeply engaged with strategic partners in business, academia, and the public sector to provide startup funding to support entrepreneurs in our region from concept to growth.
Startup funding from the Ohio Third Frontier Program, along with returns on previous investments and the participation of Innovation Partners, make it possible for Rev1 Ventures to invest in the youngest ventures, including startups in the Concept and Seed Stages.
- The Rev1 Fund I, a $22MM corporate-backed fund, is supported by Nationwide, The Ohio State University, Cardinal Health and other top Columbus companies and organizations including the Ohio Third Frontier. Rev1 Fund I has tapped the region’s corporate and research partners across disciplines, allowing Rev1 to invest in a broad range of high-growth technology startups, including software, hardware, life sciences, alternative energy, and advanced materials.
- The Technology Concept Fund, LLC is a $1 million fund made possible through joint investment from The Ohio State University and Ohio Third Frontier and managed by Rev1 Ventures. The Technology Concept Fund will provide critical investment capital at the earliest stage and specifically addresses opportunities from the Ohio State Technology Commercialization Office (TCO).
- Catalyst Fund, LLC is a $7MM seed and concept stage capital fund which includes investments from Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Ohio Third Frontier, The Ohio State University, and Rev1 Ventures, the manager of the fund.
- Ohio TechAngels OTAF IV is a $7.32MM fund targeting investments of $375K to $500K in each of fourteen new ventures. The fund invests in Ohio-based high growth technology-driven businesses and is managed by Rev1 Ventures.
- X Squared Angels invests women-led high-potential early-stage companies. Companies must have at least one woman at the C-level who owns significant equity and a three- to five-year target exit.
For more established startups, Rev1 Ventures provides connections to additional angel groups and other accredited investors.
If you are an accredited investor, we would be happy to introduce you to our affiliated angel groups.