Diverse Companies Get Better Results.
Rev1 is all about helping entrepreneurs build successful companies. That’s why we champion inclusive entrepreneurship.
Diversity Is Good for Business:
- Companies that commit to diverse leadership and participation are more successful.
Ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform.*
Gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform.*
- Women and minorities deliver an abundance of talent and expanded perspectives. Talented resources are too precious to waste.
- Women and minorities represent huge markets for innovative products and services. Who better to understand leverage these opportunities and needed solutions than women and minorities themselves?
We are creating inclusive opportunities for innovation and leadership.
At Rev1, 22 percent of our client companies are minority-led and 17 percent are led by women.
This is 4X the national average, but we have lots more work to do. That starts with initiatives that cause more minorities and women to consider entrepreneurship earlier. The breadth of inclusive entrepreneurship is directly related to the diversity at the top of the entrepreneurial funnel.
- Outreach: We are undertaking initiatives to encourage more women and minorities to recognize entrepreneurship as a career possibility. From Startup Weekends to our new Should You Start a Business tool, we are striving to capture more mindshare from women and minorities.
- Deal Flow: Concept Academy is the Rev1 starting point for entrepreneurs who have ideas of new companies. Our recent classes are averaging about 25 percent female. Our participants have ranged in age from 13 to over 50 years. We leverage the diversity of our strategic and innovation partners to bring more women- and minority-sourced innovation into our pipeline of deals.
- Funding: Engaged clients with fundable companies become prime candidates for funding opportunities through Rev1’s funding mechanisms, which include X-Squared Angels, an Ohio-based angel group that invests in women-led startups.
- Celebration: We take special care to promote women and minority entrepreneurial successes through a continuous flow of regional and national stories, video, and public relations initiatives. From Demo Day, to VentureNEXT, to our public relations initiatives, we feature our diverse cohort of successful entrepreneurs. Five of our VentureNEXT student award winners have been women.