Columbus Is the Perfect Place to Start a High-growth Company
When it comes to entrepreneurship and innovation, the Midwest isn’t fly-over territory anymore.
- Innovation infrastructure is strong.
- Sources of talent are abundant.
- Investment capital is growing.
- Fortune 1000 companies connect with entrepreneurs as customers and investors.
National audiences are catching on.
- Ohio has ranked as one of America’s Top 10 States for Business by CNBC.
- Forbes writes that “Columbus is changing with the times;” that “technology innovation is becoming a force in this middle America city,” and that “Columbus is a magnet for talent.”
- Rev1 Ventures is in strategic relationships with two of the seven Columbus-based organizations that made the Forbes 2019 list of Best Employers for Women: The Ohio State University (OSU at No. 49) and Safelite AutoGlass® (at No. 154).
- Working side-by-side with Innovation Partner OSU, we help spin out technologies and build successful companies. Safelite Group, which operates Safelite AutoGlass®, operates Safelite Works, an innovation hub located within Rev1 Ventures Labs. Safelite invests in and serves as first customers for disruptive startups in the insurance industry.
Take it from serial entrepreneur Matt Golis, who returned to Columbus after 20 years and a big success in Silicon Valley to found his latest venture, GiveGame, here.
“The quality of life is amazing,” Golis says. “People are starting to realize that you can have a low cost of living and a cool environment. One of the many benefits of Columbus is that a startup can attract excellent talent here.”
Are you interested in founding your startup in a region that is a celebrated startup community? Contact us.