Beyond the Pitch
Website Rev1 Ventures
Rev1 is committed to helping entrepreneurs and corporate innovators build great companies by connecting startups to industry for the benefit of both. We provide entrepreneurs and corporate innovators a unique blend of resources – services, connections, programs, and fund management – to turn innovative ideas into successful businesses and partnerships. Rev1 has been recognized as among the most active seed investors in the U.S. by PitchBook. Six core values drive all of Rev1’s work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President – Investment Funds, the Investments Assistant is a critical member of the Investments team that analyzes, executes, and manages investments in concept, seed, and early-stage companies, and a series of concept, seed, early, and angel funds. The Investments team and entire Rev1 Ventures team are passionate about early-stage investing and growing the entrepreneurial economy.
The successful Investments Assistant will possess solid project management skills, be detail-oriented, able to multi-task across a myriad of tasks and timelines and enjoy dynamic day-to-day workflow. This team member is responsible for Investments team administration including assisting with investment funds compliance matters, including SEC and SBIC compliance, fund management support, transaction execution support, post-investment tracking and administration, file management, and assistance with email and calendar management for the Executive Vice President – Investment Funds. The role will be in a position to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization by demonstrating a positive attitude toward internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare, organize and coordinate internal investment approval packages.
- Organize and coordinate closing checklists and closing investment packages.
- Assist in tracking due diligence materials and maintain due diligence checklists.
- Gather, organize, maintain, and file all investments documents within physical and electronic filing systems.
- Use Docusign to facilitate the signing of contracts and legal documentation by Rev1 officers. Extensive use of SalesForce.com, Constant Contact, Basecamp, and Box.com.
- Manage key investment and transaction tracking spreadsheets.
- Assist in portfolio management administration, governance, and compliance.
- Assist in fund administration. Assist in investment funds investor and stakeholder relations, including annual meetings, quarterly reporting, and all compliance reporting, including but not limited to reporting to the Small Business Administration (SBA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA).
- Schedule meetings and coordinate calendars for meetings with key internal and external stakeholders, investors, entrepreneurs, and partners.
- Assist Ohio TechAngel Funds (OTAF) Managing Director in organizing and executing OTAF member meetings. Requires evening work for OTAF member meetings, which occur approximately 2-3 times per quarter.
- Coordinate background checks, scheduling customer and management reference calls.
- Assist the Executive Assistant and Office Assistant in maintaining an organized and professional office environment.
- Assist marketing team with event and meeting scheduling, organization, and coordination as needed. Event assistance requires evening work from time to time.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college or university preferred. Paralegal training and experience highly preferred.
- Transaction experience and a high degree of familiarity with legal documents and financing documents. Experience working in a transaction execution / corporate finance, investment department, or law firm environment highly preferred.
- Experience and fluency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, SalesForce.com, Docusign, Box.com, Basecamp, and Constant Contact a plus.
- Experience in managing senior internal and external stakeholders is a strong plus.
- Detail oriented. Passion for excellence and accuracy in producing deliverables.
- Team-oriented and comfortable on a diverse team: We believe that gender, racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity are key to startup success, and we foster this belief on our own team.
- Great communicator. Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possesses broad business knowledge and is willing to work with a variety of companies, partners, and projects.
- Rev1 is a data-driven organization and overall team success requires individual responsibility to identify, document and report consistently and accurately on specific objectives and outcomes.
- A high degree of professionalism evidenced by a track record of success in professional work environments.
What’s in it for you:
- The collaborative work environment at one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus (2015, small company category)
- Access to exciting tech startups and trends
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Health, dental, vision benefits
As an equal opportunity employer, Rev1 Ventures does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Location: Rev1 Ventures – Columbus, Ohio
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Lora Zotter, Director, Talent Programs, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.rev1ventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Investments-Assistant-Role-Description.pdf →
Search Our Blog
Get startup tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.
Tips for turning a concept into a company
From honing your pitch to getting your first customer
How and where to get the cash you need to grow
The Hard Stuff
How to navigate hiring, taxes, legal and more
The Network Effect
Making the right connections at the right time
The news and trends that matter to you
Rev1 News & Events
The latest buzz and networking opportunities