Beyond the Pitch
How to Create a Business Plan That Grows
o grow a great business, you need a great plan. Or at the very least, some plan. In this session, we’ll walk through the components of a robust business plan that addresses the five key areas your business will need to navigate to reach growth and success:
- Product – What problem does your product solve? How will you validate the key features of a minimum viable product? How will you build the MVP and later versions of the product?
- Market – What is the market opportunity? What is your path to customers? What is the competition?
- Business – What is your business model? What is your cost of customer acquisition? How will you make money?
- Team – Who do you need on your management team and how will you get them to join you?
- Capital – How much capital will your business need? How will you fund the company now and in the future?
Who should Attend: Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Managers, Marketing & Sales
Speakers: Michael Kindrat-Pratt – Senior Director, Investment Funds & Ohio TechAngel Funds. Michael leads investments in concept, seed, and early-stage technology companies ($200K – $1mm investments) for Rev1 Ventures. Since beginning his investment career in 2010, he has participated in ~$13mm of direct investments across 47 unique companies, managing the screening, due diligence, structuring, and investment closing processes. Michael has a BS in Management from Boston College.
Bob Wiggins – Senior VP Venture Acceleration, Information Technologies. A serial entrepreneur and venture capitalist, over his 35 year career, Bob has led several start-ups, served on dozens of start-up boards, and been a successful (and sometimes unsuccessful) angel and venture investor. Bob has a BS in economics from the University of Oregon and a JD degree from the University of Oregon School of Law.
RSVP: Lunch and the Event are free. Registration is required.
Search Our Blog
Get startup tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.
Tips for turning a concept into a company
From honing your pitch to getting your first customer
How and where to get the cash you need to grow
The Hard Stuff
How to navigate hiring, taxes, legal and more
The Network Effect
Making the right connections at the right time
The news and trends that matter to you
Rev1 News & Events
The latest buzz and networking opportunities